Sure as I live and breathe! I sent out an email newsletter and only a few hours later, they released the version! I still will not update carts – I always prefer to wait at least 6 months so that most bugs can be fixed first. But I’m really happy with this release and as it works on php 7.4, it may be that some folks gotta have it now.
The release announcement is here: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?226873-Zen-Cart-v1-5-7-released!
The first set of changes I’ll list here for you:
- Core – Many files have been updated for compatibility with PHP 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4. These changes, along with updating your PHP version, will make your cart faster.
- Storefront – Products with single-valued attributes (such as downloads) can now be added to the cart from the listing page.
- Storefront – Product page now includes Ask a Question
- Storefront – Contact Us page now includes a telephone number
- Storefront – Improved handling of product restrictions such as units and minimum quantities.
- Storefront – Define page added to shopping cart page for static content.
- Storefront – The responsive classic template now meets accessibility standards for both desktop and mobile.
- Admin – Admins can now login to a customer account (login as that customer), to place an order on their behalf.
- Admin – Order Status may be updated from the order listing screen.
- Admin – Order Status emails are now sent in the language of the order.
- Admin – Order Status dropdown can now be sorted to match your business workflow.
- Admin – Order Status notification behavior for an Order Status update (send email/do not send email/hide update) may now be configured by an admin switch.
- Admin – Order Listing – hover for quick view of the products ordered or to see customer comments, without opening the order details. (Inspired by Info-At-A-Glance plugin).
Author: Delia Wilson Lunsford, Founder & CEO, WizTech, Inc.